Page 1 of 1

Need help for aquarium plants Unhealthy leaves with blackish spots

#1 User is offline   Mo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Gardening, cats and dogs

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:56 PM

I have a planted tank for a year now. The plants are all hardy ones like nanas: broad leaves and mini ones; vallisneria; microsorium pteropus; ceratophyllum demersum.

Recently, there are blackish spots like mold on the plants with broad leaves. No prob with the vallisneria or the ceratophyllum. Initially, I thought they were algae but unable to scrub them off with a sponge.

I use to change 20% water weekly but have reduce to once in 2 weeks due to laziness :rolleyes:/>
Systemic fertilisation whenever water changed, 8 hours of light and CO2 daily and few drops of liquid fertilisation every other day.

Anyone has any idea what it is and how do I get rid/reduce it?

#2 User is offline   kel1ng 

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

View PostMo, on Nov 24 2007, 09:56 PM, said:

I have a planted tank for a year now. The plants are all hardy ones like nanas: broad leaves and mini ones; vallisneria; microsorium pteropus; ceratophyllum demersum.

Recently, there are blackish spots like mold on the plants with broad leaves. No prob with the vallisneria or the ceratophyllum. Initially, I thought they were algae but unable to scrub them off with a sponge.

I use to change 20% water weekly but have reduce to once in 2 weeks due to laziness :rolleyes:/>
Systemic fertilisation whenever water changed, 8 hours of light and CO2 daily and few drops of liquid fertilisation every other day.

Anyone has any idea what it is and how do I get rid/reduce it?

Bro if i m not wrong ur plants r infected by black beard algae......u will have to crank up ur CO2....u must check carbonate hardness in ur water parameter.....CO2 absorbtion in water is determine by ur carbonate hardness and ph in ur water parameter. Try to change ur water on a weekly basis.....do also check ur bioload of ur tank.....i m guessing ur using co2 tablets or DIY CO2 which give u an unstable CO2 concentration in ur water....the only way to get a stable CO2 concentration is by using a CO2 canister with a diffuser or a CO2 reactor....
:D/> :D/> :D/>
regars,
kelvin

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users