GCS Forum: My gerbera is not flowering...help. - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

My gerbera is not flowering...help.

#1 User is offline   Trinity 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:26 PM

I recieve a pot of pink gebera a month ago. It was very pretty but has stop flowering now. Anyway to make it flower again? I place it beside my window. Thank you for your help in advance. :flowers:/>

#2 User is offline   sweethalo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Begonia, Bromeliads, Orchids - Bulbos & Phals, Heliconia, Plumeria

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:51 PM

Have you been fertilising them regularly since you received it? They can be heavy feeders...

#3 User is offline   Trinity 

• Pip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:30 AM

View Postsweethalo, on Sep 10 2007, 09:51 PM, said:

Have you been fertilising them regularly since you received it? They can be heavy feeders...

No, is that why? any fertilizer to recomend? xie xie.

#4 Guestphilliptan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:12 PM

They also need sun... Does it get direct sunlight at its position? Sunlight will give it the extra energy needed to flower. It can survive on just bright ambient light but to flower it needs to get direct sunlight.

#5 User is offline   kvmnair 

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

The reason for your gerbera not flowering could be because of over watering. Water it on alternate days if you are growing it in a plastic pot. For fertilizers I prefer compost or vermiculture. Give maximum sunlight, then see the result.

#6 User is offline   lucas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:CPs

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

repot your gerbera, the soil they are grown in is not suitable for singapore weather.

#7 User is offline   sasa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Diving, Mountain climbing

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hi,

wana comment on the watering part.. I got a pink gerbera plant too and I don practice watering the soil as my 1st gerbera died from improper watering. What I do now is merely thoroughly mist the leaves twice a day to prevent any spider mites. The plant is doing wonderful and is sprouting new shoots for me. Note that I don water the soil only the leaves.. Not sure if anyone out there is doing what I'm practicing thou..

Place mine next to the corrdor ledge and they receive plenty of sun everyday. I do trim away the yellow leaves that I see normally on the underside of the plant. No flowers yet but the plant looks really good. Start with a healthy plant before enjoying the blooming process.. ^_^/>

Cheerio
sasa ;þ

#8 User is offline   clava 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

View Postsasa, on May 12 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

Hi,

wana comment on the watering part.. I got a pink gerbera plant too and I don practice watering the soil as my 1st gerbera died from improper watering. What I do now is merely thoroughly mist the leaves twice a day to prevent any spider mites. The plant is doing wonderful and is sprouting new shoots for me. Note that I don water the soil only the leaves.. Not sure if anyone out there is doing what I'm practicing thou..

Place mine next to the corrdor ledge and they receive plenty of sun everyday. I do trim away the yellow leaves that I see normally on the underside of the plant. No flowers yet but the plant looks really good. Start with a healthy plant before enjoying the blooming process.. ^_^/>

Cheerio
sasa ;þ

Hi Sasa

u just give me hope on having Gerbera @ @ my HDB corridor...actually b4 i was wonderin if it would ever thrive...

N u r absolutely rite..."with a healthy plant before enjoying the blooming process"...may sound simple but wen u r absorbed with the flowers..u tend to forget the leaves and its process *grins*...

perhaps will get a gerbera sooner than i tawd :)/>..

cheers

Hi,

Cheerio
sasa ;þ

Hi Sasa

u just give me hope on having Gerbera @ @ my HDB corridor...actually b4 i was wonderin if it would ever thrive...

N u r absolutely rite..."with a healthy plant before enjoying the blooming process"...may sound simple but wen u r absorbed with the flowers..u tend to forget the leaves and its process *grins*...

cheers

Hi,

Cheerio
sasa ;þ

Hi Sasa

cheers

#9 User is offline   Marcus 

• Pip

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:27 AM

Sasa,

I did what u did too initially,top down and mist the leaves but I ended up having powdery mildew aka fungicide problems.
Oh well... not doing that with my 2nd Gerbera though. What did u do to prevent those from growing..?

: )

Hi,

Cheerio
sasa ;þ

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users