Page 1 of 1

Chilli plant: Yellowing leaves

#1 User is offline   wll 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:50 PM

Hi everyone,

Some of the leaves of my chilli plant are turning yellow... these leafs tend to fall off easily too... Any idea what is happening? Mineral deficiency or pest attack?

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t57/wlleong/flora/Chilli100x.jpg

Thanks in advance :)/>

WL

#2 User is offline   blurryy 

• PipPip

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

i also have a similar problem with my money plants

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/4567e876z40...hQDFrGB7u50N67I

the leaves are flim and green but recently it just turned yellow and shredded lots of leaves. I have 3 pots of money plants in corridor and balcony and it is facing the same problem. I suspect that it would be water or fertilizer problem.

Any advice?

#3 User is offline   Guanster 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I.B.E

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:32 AM

not enuf water..sometime is too much fertiliser...give more details

#4 User is offline   wll 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

View PostGuanster, on Aug 9 2007, 12:32 AM, said:

not enuf water..sometime is too much fertiliser...give more details

Hi Guanster,

I water the chilli plants 1-2 times/day depending on my work schedule.
I fertilise them weekly (is that too often?) I have several different types of fertiliser and I vary them each time I use them (Fish Emulsion, Thrive and Horti - home plant and orchid food) I commonly also use the water from washing the rice to water the plants :P/>

WL

#5 User is offline   Guanster 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:I.B.E

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:34 AM

just watering daily is good enough...to be frank...chilli don need tat kind of previliges and attention...

just stick to chicken manure powder...or bone meal good enuf..cuz end of the day u will be eating them what..

once every 2week is enough..once a week is too much..the chilli may end up growing so big and have not much flowers and let alone big n nice chillies...

don use rice water...some plants are sensitive...like pomegranate..it will result in mealy bugs easily....so just use tap water can le

maybe when the plant matured...use 13:13:21..but little bit nia..if nt burnt the whole plant..to encourage more flowers....but all along..chilli...esp chilli padi..are suppose to auto flower one...so...doneed to worry too much..

#6 User is offline   wll 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:32 AM

View PostGuanster, on Aug 13 2007, 12:34 AM, said:

just watering daily is good enough...to be frank...chilli don need tat kind of previliges and attention...

just stick to chicken manure powder...or bone meal good enuf..cuz end of the day u will be eating them what..
once every 2week is enough..once a week is too much..the chilli may end up growing so big and have not much flowers and let alone big n nice chillies...
don use rice water...some plants are sensitive...like pomegranate..it will result in mealy bugs easily....so just use tap water can le
maybe when the plant matured...use 13:13:21..but little bit nia..if nt burnt the whole plant..to encourage more flowers....but all along..chilli...esp chilli padi..are suppose to auto flower one...so...doneed to worry too much..

Oh OK :)/> Will try your suggestions. Thanks Guanster!

WL

#7 User is offline   tortoise 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

Found the following informations from a website. Hope it will be useful for U.

Nutrient Signs of Deficiency

Nitrogen (N) - Pale green or yellowish lower leaves, slow growth
Potassium (P) - Older leaf edges turn yellow or brown, leave may be chlorotic and curl, may have necrotic spots
Phosphorus (K) - Stunted, very dark green leaves; purplish to reddish coloration of veins, leaves or stems; late flowering & maturing of fruit
Calcium (Ca) - Deformed or undeveloped terminal buds & root tips; blossom end rot on tomatoes & peppers
Magnesium (M) - Mottling of older leaves; interveinal chlorosis
Sulfur (S) - Light green color of whole plant; chlorotic younger leaves
Iron (Fe) - Interveinal chlorosis of upper leaves leading to total bleaching; new leaves may be yellowish white
Manganese(Mn) - Interveinal chlorosis, may be followed by necrotic spots; frequently occurs on middle leaves first
Boron (B ) - Dieback of shoots or growing points; thickened, wilted or curled leaves; distorted fruit; hollow root vegetables
Zinc (Zn) - Short internodes; leaves appear rosetted; misshapen leaf blades; small leaves with interveinal chlorosis; abnormal root growth
Copper (Cu) - Bluish-green appearance; plants wilt, young leaves die tip first, resembling frost injury; summer dieback of terminal shoots of fruit trees; affects flowering & fruit formation
Molybdenum (Mo)- Yellowish or pale green leaves; deformed, mottled or cupped leaves

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users