• 2 Pages +

Marimo Moss Ball

#21 User is offline   mongchacha 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:uhmmmm... Gardening?

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:35 AM

Surfacing this thread for discussion, bcos i didn't know the name, but chanced on this thread. It's absolutely cool! :wub:/> :drool:/>

I saw it in aquarium at Marine Parade mkt but was in a hurry and haven't bought it yet. I would imagine propagating this would be splitting the ball up? then will lose the shape, but will grow back?? >>clueless<< Appreciate if anyone can drop ur comments here : )

#22 User is offline   Gabtang 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

View Postmongchacha, on Sep 6 2009, 01:35 AM, said:

Surfacing this thread for discussion, bcos i didn't know the name, but chanced on this thread. It's absolutely cool! :wub:/> :drool:/>

I saw it in aquarium at Marine Parade mkt but was in a hurry and haven't bought it yet. I would imagine propagating this would be splitting the ball up? then will lose the shape, but will grow back?? >>clueless<< Appreciate if anyone can drop ur comments here : )

They are very cute. For best round shape do give them a current in the water so that they will not be at a fix position for long. Meaning tumbling here and there. Once you see small little bubbles on the moss ball then you know it's photosynthesizing. If you want, can get a nano tank to do a nice little setup with little shrimps. Very cute. can find out more in aquarium forums. I use to have them with my bettas (fighting fish)

#23 User is offline   mongchacha 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

Hi Gabtang, the bubbles - that's an interesting fact. I have a mini tank set up in the office, not sure if you'd consider it a nano tank or not, but i've a filter/pump, clip on light (from the aquarium shop) and the tank holds 1 ferocious angel fish, 2 loaches, 1 long green leafed aquatic plant that is giving out baby plants near the leaf tips. I think can still accomodate a small marimo moss ball and let it roll around since there' water movement. I shall go check out the aquariums for a small one.

#24 User is offline   Gabtang 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

View Postmongchacha, on Sep 6 2009, 03:40 PM, said:

Hi Gabtang, the bubbles - that's an interesting fact. I have a mini tank set up in the office, not sure if you'd consider it a nano tank or not, but i've a filter/pump, clip on light (from the aquarium shop) and the tank holds 1 ferocious angel fish, 2 loaches, 1 long green leafed aquatic plant that is giving out baby plants near the leaf tips. I think can still accomodate a small marimo moss ball and let it roll around since there' water movement. I shall go check out the aquariums for a small one.

Clementi got one popular shop that sells them. Can't remember which block. Near the botak jones

#25 User is offline   guqin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

This must be the famous one called the Clementi Florist and Aquarium at Block 328, Clementi Ave. 2.

This post has been edited by guqin: 06 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

#26 User is offline   mongchacha 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:27 AM

ya, i read heard about the clementi shop. But too far lah, I'd rather go to the Marine Parade one. Thanks anyways!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users