GCS Forum: My Landscaped Corridor - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

My Landscaped Corridor

#1 User is offline   richard 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Landscape

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

hi guys...i back after long period of MIA....share with u guy what HDB area can also dress up for greenery...

this my HDB outside...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316/sgboy83/CIMG0822.jpg

#2 User is offline   hunkebun 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

View Postrichard, on Aug 3 2006, 09:56 PM, said:

hi guys...i back after long period of MIA....share with u guy what HDB area can also dress up for greenery...

this my HDB outside

WOW! :)/> :D/> U got Bamboo!!! Very nice ler. Is dat your own lift? No one else staying at your floor?

I just found the blardy aunty riding bicycle through my corridor :angry:/> - explains the scratches and browing on my Aspleniums. Is it illegal to ride bicycle along the HDB corridor?

M jealous of your very exclusive space, richard.....

This post has been edited by boonboon: 04 August 2006 - 10:18 AM

#3 User is offline   limxuanhong 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Orchids: Bulbos, Den, Paph, phrag, terrestials, Nepenthes, Tillandsia, CPs
    Also, Aroids, Gesneriads: AVs and Episcias, Ant plants
    Fish Rearing and breeding

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:17 PM

Is that artificial light from the back? From those normal HDB lights? Whay are they so bright?

#4 User is offline   richard 

• PipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

Yup it bamboo, my area is two unit each floor...also the highest so i guess it make it more space...

I took this during the afternoon sun, so it more bright...i get morning and noon sun thru out days...it like morning in the left and noon sun on the right where the bamboo is.

For my herb i leave it at the morning sun area.

Is that artificial light from the back? No, just my flash light when i took hahaha...

Another pic of the area whre some of my herb ishttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316/sgboy83/CIMG0824.jpg

This post has been edited by richard: 04 August 2006 - 09:03 AM

#5 User is offline   wilson 

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Back to edibles...

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:08 AM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for sharing. You must join the Community in Bloom Awards - you will probably win!! :lol:/>

I am interested to know how you grow your bamboo. From what I understand, this plant is a full sun plant.

How did you manage to keep such a healthy specimen? Mind to share?

Wilson :)/>

#6 User is offline   boonboon 

• Associate Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Roses, Orchids, Cacti and Succulents, Gesneriads, Fragrant Plants etc

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:30 AM

Wah! Very nice leh. I thought that is the lift of a hotel lobby. :D/>

It is not easy to grow foliage plants like Monstera and Scindapsus as they prefer bright shade, a feat that is difficult to accomplished indoor. Tell us your secret leh. :D/> :P/> :)/>

Yeah yeah...you will win the CIB. You MUST join! :P/> I can help you with the logistics if you are keen. :lol:/>

#7 User is offline   richard 

• PipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

Hi there, yup i had join the CIB...didnt give too much hope for it..haha guess there better one out there...

About my bamboo, this is the thailand bamboo common species (Bambusa Siamensis) that suit singapore weather, cheap also...good for beginner.

My bamboo i water 3 times a days, they are smart, they tend to grow toward where the sun light is...I tok to plant haha that why they grow healthy.

Treat them like treasure....nurse them if they fall sick, feed them with water if they are dry, soil losing when they feel tight, add new neighbour of plant if they feel lonely, i always on my music...Kitaro whenever i tend to trim them...

#8 User is offline   Neverend 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

Are you the only person living in that level? Your corridor looks so lovely I'm envious :P/>

#9 User is offline   richard 

• PipPip

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

Hi Neverend,

i with another neighbours that floor

#10 Guestryan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

hey richard. pity they didnt put your corridor pictures in the paper. i really admire ppl who manange to work-it in their hdbs, considering the space, light and humidity limitations. <_<

#11 User is offline   sweethalo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Begonia, Bromeliads, Orchids - Bulbos &amp; Phals, Heliconia, Plumeria

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

giggle... if my dad saw your wonderful garden, he would be so envious.....somehow, he doesn't quite get enuf sun although he is SE facing....think his unit is blocked by another tall block of flats...He does have a good space outside though but it is just too windy and again, no sun...what a party pooper.... :P/> :(/>

#12 User is offline   richard 

• PipPip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:52 AM

Hi Sweethalo,

You can always advice your dad try plant that dont need too much of sunlight, like big feature plant,

Bird nest fern
Philodendron ssp.
Monstera Deliciosa.
Different Fern spp.

And also can play around with hardscape material, like water feature, pebbles, wood deck (thoes portable one)

Anyway end of the day, it your lovely garden...dun stress out by what to do or what to put...play around with it.

#13 User is offline   mansiz 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Hibiscus, Roses, Petunias, Periwinkle, African Violet. Orchids, Cactus, water melon tree, swimming, watch anime, play ps2.

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:12 AM

Wow Richard, your plants are nice. Your building and mine are exactly of the same pattern, just that mine is not renovated yet. :D/> Btw do you live in Jurong West? Before the renovation, how do you keep the plants ah, do they bloom flowers? Mine is the last corridor, so will be brighter than the rest. How about yours?

#14 User is offline   richard 

• PipPip

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:46 AM

View Postmansiz, on Sep 9 2006, 09:12 AM, said:

Wow Richard, your plants are nice. Your building and mine are exactly of the same pattern, just that mine is not renovated yet. :D/> Btw do you live in Jurong West? Before the renovation, how do you keep the plants ah, do they bloom flowers? Mine is the last corridor, so will be brighter than the rest. How about yours?

Hi mansiz, thanks...my just upgrade about 1 year ago, i dun stay jurong..i stay hougang, before upgrade was bright...after that they had enclose some area making it not sunny and bright..

Some of my plants near the lights area will bloom, others than that..i kept alot of hardy and shady plants..by playing around diff texture of leaf and shape.

My next coming plant will be frangipani..still looking around for a nice one...

#15 User is offline   Citronelle 

• Pip

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

Hi Richard, I simply love your landscape... so envious of your neighbour. Where do you buy your bamboo? Is it available in most nursery? I'm trying to do up my bare balcony & would badly need advise fm expert like you on which hardy plants to grow to make it into a cosy & relaxing corner. Pls see my recent post.

#16 User is offline   abuhassan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

[b] I especially like your healthy looking Plectranthus plant Beautiful mauve contrast with the greenery Very reminiscent of Streptocarpus Plectranthus is it? Congrats! Successful House- ( Can we called it Houseplant?!) or Potplant indeed

This post has been edited by abuhassan: 21 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users