Page 1 of 1

Division without removing plant?

#1 User is offline   season 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Travels, photography, gardening

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

Can I divide this plant at this stage? The newest pseudobulb has shealthhttp://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/season4419/IMG-20170415-WA0004.jpeg

#2 User is offline   Yeong 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

Please don't divide the plant now, dividing the plant now will end up having weak plants.
When dividing an orchid plant, each division should have at least 4 bulbs with a new growth.

I suggest you repot it. Break the pot with a hammer and put it in a bigger new pot ( pot
size allows the plant to be sit in comfortably, not too big). Fill it with charcoal.

#3 User is offline   Busy Bee 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

Totally agree with Yeong. Unless you want to give me a division of this orchid, I do not see why you have a good reason for dividing it ^_^/>

In fact, I would not even do anything to it, leave it there and just pray hard for buds to emerge from the sheath. It looks healthy and catts usually do well in tight pots.

#4 User is offline   season 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Travels, photography, gardening

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:52 PM

View PostBusy Bee, on 15 May 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Totally agree with Yeong. Unless you want to give me a division of this orchid, I do not see why you have a good reason for dividing it ^_^/>/>/>/>/>/>

In fact, I would not even do anything to it, leave it there and just pray hard for buds to emerge from the sheath. It looks healthy and catts usually do well in tight pots.

Haha! sorry Busybee, got to hand back to my sis and before she kills this one too I need to keep a copy.

BTW enjoy the bloom which came from the developing shealth. Now I got headache, another new bulb with shealth has emerge. :hitmyself:/>/>
http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/season4419/RLC%20Chomthong%20Fancy_June2017.jpeg

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users