GCS Forum: Stubborn white spots and browning tips on Tabletop Palm - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Stubborn white spots and browning tips on Tabletop Palm

#1 User is offline   Anarchywulf 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:15 PM

Hello! I wanted to ask if any of you have encountered this issue with the indoor tabletop palm before. The palm I have is of the Chamaedorea species that i got from Ikea a couple months back.
I recently noticed that the leaves are having these white spots on them but they don't seem to be mites since i couldnt rub them off.. So the other reason i found out could be red spider mites feeding off the leaves causing them to become white and die off? I went to hose the entire plant and rub the leaves thoroughly. Its dusty when I went to rub the underside of the leaves to get rid of anything that might be there. Could anyone confirm that this is a mite infestation or something else like nutrient deficiency?

Here's the top view of the leaves. There are some browning tips as well. But on the other hand, theres also new growths sprouting out every week.
http://i.imgur.com/JXaoMMJ.jpg

Here's the underside of the leaves.
http://i.imgur.com/b0MaXaq.jpg

I'm getting an English ivy in two weeks time and i really want to make sure that i dont have a mite problem that can spread to it.
Thank you for your help!

#2 User is offline   digitalgate 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:26 PM

Your palm got scale problem.

#3 User is offline   keff 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:02 PM

If you wipe the underside of the leaf with a clean piece of tissue papaer, what colour is it?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users