GCS Forum: Pineapples - GCS Forum

• 2 Pages +

Pineapples

#21 User is offline   Greenleaf brownthumb 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:22 AM

Thanks to everybody's advice. The pineapple has been repotted and is happily growing well!

http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r641/Buggery82/IMG_1009_zpssvqf8pcp.jpg

#22 User is offline   Preeti 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:35 AM

My pineapple fruit ripened in 3 months flat from the time I first noticed the fruit emerging from the base of the plant. All the websites said 6-7 months, so I was quite surprised with the 3 month period. Also the papayas are ripening extremely fast and passion fruits are taking about 2 months from pollination to ripening. Is the normal? Or is it because of the excessive heat conditions we have been experiencing?

The pineapple fruit is exceptionally sweet almost as if a glucose injection had been given to it.

#23 User is offline   Jacob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Gardening

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

It was almost 1 month since my last post on propagating pineapple from split crown.

Yes, finally sucker is forming from the split crown.
3 out 4 of the split crown are showing sign of new plant.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/jackal2475/IMG_20160425_184141_zps2oly9zae.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/jackal2475/IMG_20160425_184202_zpsymjte6e4.jpg

Just planted another 4 split crowns into the ground.

#24 User is offline   keff 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:14 PM

Excellent, nice to see little pups appearing!

#25 User is offline   GraceS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

My first pineapple plant has fruited end last year, 2 years after planting in a pot. This is the one which has received the best treatment among the 3.Timely display during CNY. Hope to harvest in 2 months. Huat ah!

View PostGraceS, on 24 January 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Three months ago, I have experimented growing 3 pineapple plants with my son from cut crowns. They were grown in pots under hot sun and watered once daily. 2 of them are in similar pot size as yours and 1 was purposely left in a tiny pot for 3 months. As a result, the latter has less and shorter leaves but almost recovered after transplanting although it is still slightly smaller than its peers. I an going to move my plants to bigger pots afew months later. Just growing to learn about science.

Noticed that the soil level in your pot is low and it may help if you repot to raise the plant to encourage better root growth and keep the plant hydrated under the hot sun.

Two weeks ago, I have been to the Pineapple Museum in JB. Noticed that the mature pineapple plants with big pineapples are grown in big pots of about 80 -100 cm. The leave span is about 1 to 1.5m. They have a plant in a pot size 20% larger than yours but the fruit is tiny (size of an apple) and the leave span is smaller.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users