GCS Forum: Hydroponic Solution - GCS Forum

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2

Hydroponic Solution Watercircle

#21 User is offline   sthh 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1862
  • Joined: 13-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sembawang

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

View PostDennis The Menace, on 16 February 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Thanks for the Boron solution. KNO3 is still not too difficult to find replacement.


Seachem trace contains all the essential trace elements. You just need to add NPK and you have the complete fert for any plants. For NPK, you can buy 2 types, high in nitrogen for veg and leafy, and high in potassium and phosphorus for flowers and fruiting.
0

#22 User is offline   Robert1943 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 04-June 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane Australia
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

View PostDennis The Menace, on 03 February 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Yes its a bit expensive but luckily i am growing it at a very small scale. I did try to see if i can buy dry mixture from overseas but don't really know which are the better ones. So still searching. Anyone with recommendation?

The alternative is to DIY with all the chemical salt and compound which is troublesome.

I did try to get the Auto pot A and B powder nutrients into Singapore but the local supplier only sells 25kg lots so sorry
here is a copy of her reply.
Hi Bob,

We only sell nutrient A and B in powder format and its come with 25kg per bag all these years.

May I know how you get these products from our company earlier?

Thanks
karen
0

#23 User is offline   Robert1943 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 04-June 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane Australia
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

View PostRobert1943, on 16 February 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

I did try to get the Auto pot A and B powder nutrients into Singapore but the local supplier only sells 25kg lots so sorry
here is a copy of her reply.
Hi Bob,

We only sell nutrient A and B in powder format and its come with 25kg per bag all these years.

May I know how you get these products from our company earlier?

Thanks
karen


Here is another product available through ebay that makes up to 800 litres which is very economical. With my powder nutrients I make up a portion only into a 1 litre bottle which I use as my base. I do not dilute or make the entire 1kg as all that will do is sit on the shelf and not be efficient in the long term. As I only use a small portion it is fresh all the time,so it stays on the shelf until the next time I want to make up my nutrient stock base which I in turn dilute to what I am growing.
http://www.ebay.com....YoAAMXQ1d1TJl-o

This post has been edited by Robert1943: 16 February 2016 - 05:35 PM

0

#24 User is offline   Dennis The Menace 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 197
  • Joined: 08-February 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Woodbridge, Singapore
  • Interests:Mariculture, Agriculture, Horticulture, Aquaculture, Fishing, etc etc :)

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

View PostRobert1943, on 16 February 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

Here is another product available through ebay that makes up to 800 litres which is very economical. With my powder nutrients I make up a portion only into a 1 litre bottle which I use as my base. I do not dilute or make the entire 1kg as all that will do is sit on the shelf and not be efficient in the long term. As I only use a small portion it is fresh all the time,so it stays on the shelf until the next time I want to make up my nutrient stock base which I in turn dilute to what I am growing.
http://www.ebay.com....YoAAMXQ1d1TJl-o


Thanks Robert! I will probably pick up a pack of these and the 2kg auto pot the next time i head down under to Perth.
0

#25 User is offline   Robert1943 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 492
  • Joined: 04-June 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane Australia
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostDennis The Menace, on 16 February 2016 - 10:04 PM, said:

Thanks Robert! I will probably pick up a pack of these and the 2kg auto pot the next time i head down under to Perth.


Believe me it is worth it, I read many times on this forum that the liquid nutrients in Singapore go bad or have wriggly things etc in the bottom of the container, this means that either the original was contaminated or along the way contaminants got in the nutrient.
Another problem is that they could be organic nutrients which can be very bad in hydroponics.
I have purchased very expensive organic nutrients in the past and the contents go bad and start growing mould inside the bottle.
I have stayed away, from organic nutrients which are great in the soil garden but not so good when you are trying to grow in a sterile solution base where you can get the so called wrigglies growing in the nutrient.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users