GCS Forum: Hydroponic Solution - GCS Forum

• 2 Pages +

Hydroponic Solution Watercircle

#1 User is offline   Dennis The Menace 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Mariculture, Agriculture, Horticulture, Aquaculture, Fishing, etc etc :)

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

I currently use HPC Hyro for some simple hydroponics and general fertilization of my plants. But i would like to know if anyone used Watercircle's solution before. Any comments?

Watercircle is half the price and twice the concentration,thats why i think of switching.

#2 User is offline   eagleeye 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

View PostDennis The Menace, on 23 October 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

I currently use HPC Hyro for some simple hydroponics and general fertilization of my plants. But i would like to know if anyone used Watercircle's solution before. Any comments?

Watercircle is half the price and twice the concentration,thats why i think of switching.

I think it should not be any problem... the actual $50 solution you purchase
normally , the ingridients is only worth $4.00 or less.

Singapore is NOT an agri country. so argi related products are almost impossible to obtain
for low prices.

This post has been edited by eagleeye: 17 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

#3 User is offline   GraceS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostDennis The Menace, on 23 October 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Used solution for fruit and vege. Both ok. However, found something wriggling in the bottle after some time.

#4 User is offline   Dennis The Menace 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Mariculture, Agriculture, Horticulture, Aquaculture, Fishing, etc etc :)

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

View Posteagleeye, on 17 January 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

I think it should not be any problem... the actual $50 solution you purchase
normally , the ingridients is only worth $4.00 or less.

Singapore is NOT an agri country. so argi related products are almost impossible to obtain
for low prices.

Yes its a bit expensive but luckily i am growing it at a very small scale. I did try to see if i can buy dry mixture from overseas but don't really know which are the better ones. So still searching. Anyone with recommendation?

The alternative is to DIY with all the chemical salt and compound which is troublesome.

#5 User is offline   Dennis The Menace 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostGraceS, on 17 January 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

Used solution for fruit and vege. Both ok. However, found something wriggling in the bottle after some time.

That doesn't sound good :D/>

Which solution did you find it in?

#6 User is offline   GraceS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

View PostDennis The Menace, on 03 February 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

That doesn't sound good :D/>/>

Which solution did you find it in?

Can't remember, the vege one I think. I got scared and switched to OCH.

#7 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostDennis The Menace, on 03 February 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Yes its a bit expensive but luckily i am growing it at a very small scale. I did try to see if i can buy dry mixture from overseas but don't really know which are the better ones. So still searching. Anyone with recommendation?

The alternative is to DIY with all the chemical salt and compound which is troublesome.

I never buy liquid nutrients after working in chemicals for some time, I know that ,most of the nutrients are water and colour added eg whether it is household washing liquid, etc etc even fragrances most is water and colouring.

If possible buy the powder nutrient A and B which covers both the growth and flowering /fruiting stages. See if you can buy in Singapore or on Ebay and possibly share between several people and you will find that it is very economical and no additives are required.
The initial cost is higher but 1kg makes up to 2000 litres of nutrient.
Check this link for both A and B liquid and powder as mentioned earlier if you can band together and distribute to share the cost it is worth every penny.
https://aquagardenin...rients/autopot/

#8 User is offline   lazearus 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostRobert1943, on 04 February 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

I never buy liquid nutrients after working in chemicals for some time, I know that ,most of the nutrients are water and colour added eg whether it is household washing liquid, etc etc even fragrances most is water and colouring.

If possible buy the powder nutrient A and B which covers both the growth and flowering /fruiting stages. See if you can buy in Singapore or on Ebay and possibly share between several people and you will find that it is very economical and no additives are required.
The initial cost is higher but 1kg makes up to 2000 litres of nutrient.
Check this link for both A and B liquid and powder as mentioned earlier if you can band together and distribute to share the cost it is worth every penny.
https://aquagardenin...rients/autopot/

Dang, you have all the good stuff in Aussie haha. Sadly, the company doesn't seem to ship to Singapore. Any idea what's the chemical composition for the A and B? I've been sticking to the LushGro nutrient solutions because they even list out the trace elements available.

#9 User is offline   sthh 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

View Postlazearus, on 04 February 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

Dang, you have all the good stuff in Aussie haha. Sadly, the company doesn't seem to ship to Singapore. Any idea what's the chemical composition for the A and B? I've been sticking to the LushGro nutrient solutions because they even list out the trace elements available.

Woo hoo, 2000 litres of nutrient solution.

It doesn't really say whether the fert is for fruiting or for leafy, but more for general use.

#10 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

View Poststhh, on 04 February 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

Woo hoo, 2000 litres of nutrient solution.

It doesn't really say whether the fert is for fruiting or for leafy, but more for general use.

It a full spectrum nutrient from growth right through to flowering and fruiting, nothing more to add, that is why I have gone off using liquids, however A and B liquid nutrients give the same results, except water has already been added.

I grow all my plants using this A and B successfully
eg
Kang Kong
Lettuce
Ptsai
Bok Choy
Chinese Kale
Chillies
Tomatoes
Strawberries
Silver beet
So as you can see from both leafy vegetables through to fruiting plants all areas are covered.

#11 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
    Helping others.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

View Postlazearus, on 04 February 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

I used my mobile and took a photo of the nutrient breakdown hope you can read
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/kangaroo9/Hydroponics/20160204_1319501_zps1kgwdky5.jpg

#12 User is offline   lazearus 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostRobert1943, on 04 February 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

I used my mobile and took a photo of the nutrient breakdown hope you can read
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/kangaroo9/Hydroponics/20160204_1319501_zps1kgwdky5.jpg

Thanks for the photo! Shit man, it has everything, even the trace element Boron, which is needed for Adeniums. If only the website allows us to deliver to SG sia. I would prefer self-mixed nutrients too because the crystals remain stable for longer periods of time while in storage, unlike my solution which currently has weird brown stuff floating around inside the bottle.

Sthh, got any lobang for this??

#13 User is offline   sthh 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

View Postlazearus, on 04 February 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Thanks for the photo! Shit man, it has everything, even the trace element Boron, which is needed for Adeniums. If only the website allows us to deliver to SG sia. I would prefer self-mixed nutrients too because the crystals remain stable for longer periods of time while in storage, unlike my solution which currently has weird brown stuff floating around inside the bottle.

I like the calcium content. Very good for tomatoes !!! Me no lobang, me wait for someone to buy.

#14 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
    Helping others.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

View Postlazearus, on 04 February 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

I have contacted the supplier and he is chasing up those in Malaysia or Singapore who may have this product, and will let me know the outcome.

This post has been edited by Robert1943: 04 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

#15 User is offline   lazearus 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:06 PM

View PostRobert1943, on 04 February 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

I have contacted the supplier and he is chasing up those in Malaysia or Singapore who may have this product, and will let me know the outcome.

Woah thanks man, you're the best! :notworthy:/>

#16 User is offline   Dennis The Menace 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostRobert1943, on 04 February 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

Thanks Robert.

I wouldn't mind getting the dry version as mine also have some brown staff swirling around in my neutrient solution like Lazearus. And it being more economical does helps too :)/>

I generally grow tomatoes, basil, mint and currently some chili padi with hydroponics.

#17 User is offline   cylap888 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

Same here....having things floating and can hear crystallized thing in another bottle. Think my bottle too concentrated. Eagerly waiting to get this dry ferts.

#18 User is offline   Dennis The Menace 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Thinking of making my own nutrient solution ...... then i realised .... we can't have Boron because its a poison. And we can't have KNO3 because its can make explosive. *Sigh* :(/>

#19 User is offline   sthh 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostDennis The Menace, on 16 February 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Thinking of making my own nutrient solution ...... then i realised .... we can't have Boron because its a poison. And we can't have KNO3 because its can make explosive. *Sigh* :(/>/>

Just get the Seachem Flourish Trace from any aquarium shop.

#20 User is offline   Dennis The Menace 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the Boron solution. KNO3 is still not too difficult to find replacement.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users