GCS Forum: Indoor Vine for Decor - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Indoor Vine for Decor

#1 User is offline   Metroid 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Hello, I am inspired to recreate this, and would like to know if anyone can suggest a vine species that might be able to grow indoors (besides moneyplant) in bright shade/flourescent lighting? Prefer a deep green (non variegated) foilage..

Also, does anyone have suggestions how to grow such long vines and "drape" them across the wall like that?

Will the vine ends need to be watered for them to grow long? or just watering the rooted portion is sufficient?

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah178/sunburn6624/INDOOR%20VINE_zpskkr8fo4h.jpg

#2 User is offline   sthh 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostMetroid, on 22 April 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Hello, I am inspired to recreate this, and would like to know if anyone can suggest a vine species that might be able to grow indoors (besides moneyplant) in bright shade/flourescent lighting? Prefer a deep green (non variegated) foilage..

Also, does anyone have suggestions how to grow such long vines and "drape" them across the wall like that?

Will the vine ends need to be watered for them to grow long? or just watering the rooted portion is sufficient?

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah178/sunburn6624/INDOOR%20VINE_zpskkr8fo4h.jpg

I recommend vanilla orchid. Very hardy, and great climber. Will latch onto any poles or wall surfaces, and requires very little attention and care. If you are lucky, you can even get flower and pods out of it.

This post has been edited by sthh: 22 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

#3 User is offline   digitalgate 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

most epiphytic has nasty roots ,they stick to wall with a strong grip . Not sure if u still like it.

#4 User is offline   Greyfingers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

You can try the ficus pumila.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users