GCS Forum: Plant activator - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Plant activator

#1 User is offline   Shadowdancer901 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

Hi,I'm newbie here n oso in growing plant.
I started to grow some edible plant cz of my son's school project brought home chyesim plant.
Recently i bought plabt activator from daiso but after read some post,I'm abit worry whether the chyesim now still safe to be consume/not cz that time i just read suitable for all plant. Hope someone can enlighten me.thx

This post has been edited by Shadowdancer901: 04 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

#2 User is offline   AhSeng 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:23 PM

Is there any NPK value or content stated on the package ? Do you spray the leaves with this fertilizer ? There isn't much notable info regarding the toxicity of fertilizers. I only hear about nitrate levels in the leaves of some plants. Maybe don't apply fertilizer and harvest leaves on the same day.or harvest at evenings. How many day interval, I'm not sure. Those doing hydroponics , their hydroponic systems may be constant feed type.
When you harvest the leaf, can soak the leaves in water for a while before cooking. The fertilizer salts are highly soluble and will be washed away.
If scared, can use organic fertilizers, like chicken manure pellet fertilizers, or other types of organic fertilizers.

This post has been edited by AhSeng: 03 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

#3 User is offline   Shadowdancer901 

• PipPip

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:17 AM

AhSeng, on 03 March 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Is there any NPK value or content stated on the package ? Do you spray the leaves with this fertilizer ? There isn't much notable info regarding the toxicity of fertilizers. I only hear about nitrate levels in the leaves of some plants. Maybe don't apply fertilizer and harvest leaves on the same day.or harvest at evenings. How many day interval, I'm not sure. Those doing hydroponics , their hydroponic systems may be constant feed type.
When you harvest the leaf, can soak the leaves in water for a while before cooking. The fertilizer salts are highly soluble and will be washed away.
If scared, can use organic fertilizers, like chicken manure pellet fertilizers, or other types of organic fertilizers.

Hi AhSeng,they only stated components but no percentage. I just open the cap n stab in on the soil. Heard plant/soil will absorb it if they need. But till now not much reduce. I don't dare to spray anything on the plant cz its vegie leaf.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag79/tiashunjimatsuo/Mobile%20Uploads/Miscellaneous/A3D1799E-2D27-43A4-88D9-9B086E00C1C2_zpsuemvcdf8.jpg
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag79/tiashunjimatsuo/Mobile%20Uploads/Miscellaneous/96CE5231-16EF-4110-9900-F8ADE3ADABEF_zpsr12bnh3l.jpg

This post has been edited by Shadowdancer901: 04 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

#4 User is offline   AhSeng 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

If you didn't spray on the leaves, I think should be quite safe. Fertilizers generally are quite similar, NPK + trace elements.

This post has been edited by AhSeng: 04 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

#5 User is offline   Shadowdancer901 

• PipPip

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

Oh ok then. Thanks alot AhSeng. Have a good day!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users