GCS Forum: how well will these fair in singapore - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

how well will these fair in singapore

#1 User is offline   Shepaski 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:41 AM

just found these novelty items online of small mini cactuses being made into wearable jewellery.
apparently they are real plants which u have to water and such, and are repottable.
but i would like to ask more experienced hobbyist if these plants will survive and grow in Singapore or not
and how easy is it to care for them when they are this small

http://www.wearitminiplants.com/

#2 User is offline   Shepaski 

• PipPip

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

bump

#3 User is offline   GiLLiE 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:41 AM

can be done, just that i leave them in my growing area with all my other CnS.. doing pretty well, managed to get pups from one of them too. :)/>) not too sure about using them as keychains tho, cos i realised they dun get sun at all when i leave them on my bag.

how i do it:

#1 leave them where they are until they start to grow, and the pod they are in looks too small for the plant. (by then it is quite easy to remove the pod.
#2 leave the spagum moss alone. repot the whole thing into the new medium as you do not want to manage the root system. you can remove the plastic "pot, btw.
#3 choose your plant wisely. for me, i always have trouble growing most succulents in my growing area (most likely cos of the heather comes with the sunlight at my growing area). hence i normally choose the thornier cacti..

but my take on this: you definitely can get cheaper CnS at our local nurseries, though it may not be the exact same variety as these.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users