GCS Forum: New sowings - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

New sowings Vegetable seedlings

#1 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

I have new seedlings on the go , I have planted several varieties all have come up without the exception of "long Joes Cayenne" only one has merged so far but then again the "yellow Lettuce" have started coming up only today. Very soon I will have a lot more seedlings to plant some in pots , some in the garden, and some in my hydroponics.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/kangaroo9/Hydroponics/Youngseedlings_zpsdc18be0f.jpg

This post has been edited by Robert1943: 30 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

#2 User is offline   SalmanTropical 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Subtropical plants and love all plants

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Wow, that's nice.
On average, how deep do you plant vege seeds so that they do not topple over when watered?

Salman

#3 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostSalmanTropical, on 30 November 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Wow, that's nice.
On average, how deep do you plant vege seeds so that they do not topple over when watered?

Salman

Hi Salman, usually plant the seed the same depth as the size of the seed, the reason seedlings topple over they strain to reach the light, what I do when my plants get a little leggy as some of these in the photo,I increase the seedlings to more light to strengthen them up. so each day I take them outside and increase the light, but not in full sun as this would burn them.
As for watering I keep them damp by misting with a sprayer, however this does not go deep where the roots are, so I use an old piece of carpet that I get wet and sit the seedlings on top which allows wicking and keeps the plants and the roots damp but not wet. You could also use one of the thinner kitchen sponges to achieve the same results.

This post has been edited by Robert1943: 30 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

#4 User is offline   digitalgate 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

man, we are envious of the climate you have.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users