GCS Forum: Ants - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Ants control of ants

#1 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

I thought I would post a separate topic on ants as I have read that ants are a problem and many helpful solutions on how to control them.
Every day I have gone out to discover ants everywhere, but by spraying with either Neem oil or organic oil sprays I have finally won the battle to now.
This photo shows aphids on the bottom of my celery plants they are now all dead.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/kangaroo9/Hydroponics/20141128_111232_zps0c32441c.jpg

#2 User is offline   digitalgate 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

not sure if neem oil work well on ants through

#3 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Hydroponic Gardening , Boating, fishing, travelling the world, eating, driving my Nissan Silvia turbo coupe, Rotary Club, Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteer.
    Helping others.

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

View Postdigitalgate, on 29 November 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

not sure if neem oil work well on ants through

Well the little devils are lifeless , it is not the ants that are the chief problem , but aphids and other scale bugs that secrete a sweet substance which attract the ants and they live in harmony as they decimate and kill the plants. Kill the host and the ants and the problem is solved.
I did write in another forum that my fruit trees Chiku and sour sop had the same problem but I used the same process all done and okay.

#4 User is offline   bridgehouse 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostRobert1943, on 29 November 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Well the little devils are lifeless , it is not the ants that are the chief problem , but aphids and other scale bugs that secrete a sweet substance which attract the ants and they live in harmony as they decimate and kill the plants. Kill the host and the ants and the problem is solved.
I did write in another forum that my fruit trees Chiku and sour sop had the same problem but I used the same process all done and okay.

Another way is perhaps to try and flush the aphids off the plant with water if there is no neem oil at hand. Btw, hope you are not affected by the recent storm in Queensland. Bridgehouse

#5 User is offline   Robert1943 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
    Helping others.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

View Postbridgehouse, on 29 November 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Another way is perhaps to try and flush the aphids off the plant with water if there is no neem oil at hand. Btw, hope you are not affected by the recent storm in Queensland. Bridgehouse

Thanks Bridgehouse we were fortunate to miss the heaviest part of the storm others were not, as for flushing aphids with water this has worked in the past but they love regrouping once they have dried off ha ha.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users