GCS Forum: Not quite a Giant - GCS Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

Not quite a Giant

#1 User is offline   DarylC 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 25-May 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jurong
  • Interests:Herbs, Carnivorous Plants

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

Just a little bit short of 4cm. The sunlight has shifted at my location, so I had to move my temperate CPs. The downside is that, while they do get direct sunlight now, it's only for a couple of hours of afternoon sun. And then it rains and gets hazy so =/

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10155071_10154800002770201_8585522737957271553_n.jpg?oh=e4ecc6e2539130c0aa75b2d2b9e0076c&oe=54B96C65&__gda__=1421227546_59fe2e54f2efdbf9d4596c2250f39c46

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10394031_10154800002865201_7197362095247346924_n.jpg?oh=80b383496019a7eaf8a5c2608f238aa7&oe=54C3E377&__gda__=1420531208_64d86eeceabae7b8cc6aff2e2f956089

The traps are colouring up nicely, though.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10174864_10154800002950201_2684826641532432087_n.jpg?oh=a54eb94d97ec91b73bd1b3965c117fd6&oe=54C24AC1&__gda__=1425362220_23a97a6f213c4cd85d09214ee2363254

This post has been edited by DarylC: 14 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

0

#2 User is offline   juxcy 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 16-July 14

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

View PostDarylC, on 14 October 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Just a little bit short of 4cm. The sunlight has shifted at my location, so I had to move my temperate CPs. The downside is that, while they do get direct sunlight now, it's only for a couple of hours of afternoon sun. And then it rains and gets hazy so =/

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10155071_10154800002770201_8585522737957271553_n.jpg?oh=e4ecc6e2539130c0aa75b2d2b9e0076c&oe=54B96C65&__gda__=1421227546_59fe2e54f2efdbf9d4596c2250f39c46

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10394031_10154800002865201_7197362095247346924_n.jpg?oh=80b383496019a7eaf8a5c2608f238aa7&oe=54C3E377&__gda__=1420531208_64d86eeceabae7b8cc6aff2e2f956089

The traps are colouring up nicely, though.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10174864_10154800002950201_2684826641532432087_n.jpg?oh=a54eb94d97ec91b73bd1b3965c117fd6&oe=54C24AC1&__gda__=1425362220_23a97a6f213c4cd85d09214ee2363254

OMG, awesome plant and awesome spread..Too much hassle for me to grow this. T.T
0

#3 User is offline   sixthbrand 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 104
  • Joined: 28-April 14

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

View Postjuxcy, on 15 October 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

OMG, awesome plant and awesome spread..Too much hassle for me to grow this. T.T


I find mine quite hassle free, just change the tray water daily will do. Doing well under direct afternoon sun... Pity my growing area doesn't get morning sun.
0

#4 User is offline   DarylC 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 25-May 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jurong
  • Interests:Herbs, Carnivorous Plants

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

Potting VFTs stress me out >.<

I feel like I should repot this one soon, or at least get the offshoots out.
0

#5 User is offline   Joe_p 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 25-May 14

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

Hi Daryl,
nice sized traps on those Vfts !
are these known cultivars from the recent group buys or are they from WF ?
0

#6 User is offline   DarylC 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 25-May 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jurong
  • Interests:Herbs, Carnivorous Plants

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostJoe_p, on 16 October 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hi Daryl,
nice sized traps on those Vfts !
are these known cultivars from the recent group buys or are they from WF ?

I bought it from Candy Floriculture at Thomson Road in July, my understanding is that they imported it from either Holland or Japan (came in with the rest of their succulents). It came in with no ID. I did manage to get an offshoot from this, though and it's doing well, growing at a similar rate but I think need more sun for it to get bigger.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users