GCS Forum: Herbs recommendation - GCS Forum

• 2 Pages +

Herbs recommendation

#21 User is offline   Two thumbs 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

hi Laurence, I notice you have carrots. What kind of fertilizer do you use and how often do you apply? I only use seaweed extract once in 2 weeks.

#22 User is offline   Laurence 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:British Personal Trainer growing veg and herbs on my roof in singapore.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostTwo thumbs, on 21 February 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

hi Laurence, I notice you have carrots. What kind of fertilizer do you use and how often do you apply? I only use seaweed extract once in 2 weeks.

I use home made organic worm tea, i try and add it every week. however i never get big carrots. always small. before i left a big gap between carrots as suggested online but as they grew small, i now put them close together and they still small. i have limited space and not many huge pots, so after the next batch of carrots i may use the pot for sweet potatoes instead as they have a much better yield and give nice flowers

compost tea liquid leftovers from worms that eat our left over food. some guys in singapore will sell you the whole kit with worms, or you can buy the worms and make a compost bin. i first made a bin but worms escape so bought the kit in the end.

#23 User is offline   Laurence 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:British Personal Trainer growing veg and herbs on my roof in singapore.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

View Postbrendali, on 11 October 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

Hi,
I would like to start container gardening for herbs for CG. As there are 2 Indian residents who will be contributing cuttings of herbs there commonly use in their cooking, I thought of creating another container for herbs Malays uses for their cooking. But I realize not easy to find in the nurseries. Any recommendations on what herbs I can consider and where to get it? It seems like they use a variety of gingers but nurseries don't seems to have them. The herbs must be able to complement and grow in one big pot.

by the way all ginger and tumerics are very easy to grow. just buy organic ones from the supermarket and put them in a huge pot or foam box and water every day. ginger will sproat very quickly and is soooo easy

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users