GCS Forum: Novel Trellis/Support For Climbers - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Novel Trellis/Support For Climbers

#1 User is offline   Blaithe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

Hi fellow gardeners!

Just like to know you guys' opinion on this idea I had: a modular form of support/trellis for climbers. Let me know what you think! The link provided shows the image of the trellis I made on photoshop.

Idea of Modular Trellis/Support for Climbers

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   bukitimah 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Hi, I am looking into something like that for my small garden. Plastic is great but when it exceed 2 meters, I am afraid it may not take the weight of the climbers. Timber may be the only option with metal being the best.

In Singapore, not sure if they will deliver them or we need to cut them short and bring home to join. That will weaken the strength.

#3 User is offline   Blaithe 

• Pip

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

View Postbukitimah, on 07 April 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

Hi, I am looking into something like that for my small garden. Plastic is great but when it exceed 2 meters, I am afraid it may not take the weight of the climbers. Timber may be the only option with metal being the best.

In Singapore, not sure if they will deliver them or we need to cut them short and bring home to join. That will weaken the strength.

Thank you for taking a look! Yes I am already thinking of aluminium for the parts, it is non-corrosive, light and sturdy, not to mention cheap to produce.

#4 User is offline   bukitimah 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

Yes aluminum is great. Best if it is black. Do share where, how and cost of installation once you have competed

#5 User is offline   SafeWater 

• PipPip

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostBlaithe, on 05 April 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

Hi fellow gardeners!

Just like to know you guys' opinion on this idea I had: a modular form of support/trellis for climbers. Let me know what you think! The link provided shows the image of the trellis I made on photoshop.

Idea of Modular Trellis/Support for Climbers

Thank you!

The link is not working.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users