GCS Forum: Lift Upgrading - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Lift Upgrading Yawn

#1 User is offline   lollipot 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Girls and bus driver uncles.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Stupid HDB doing lift upgrading at my block. Now the parapet in front of my unit all blocked by the shaft, reducing the space that i can grow plants. Have to shift some plants to inside my home and throw away some... arggg

Hated it but doesnt have any choice. No money to buy condo or landed grrrrr

*Yawn*

#2 User is offline   Bee Sting 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Owned by a cat.Enjoys good food.cooking,
    Nature. fragrant plants and herbs.Kena Nepenthes poisoning.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

View Postlollipot, on 30 July 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Stupid HDB doing lift upgrading at my block. Now the parapet in front of my unit all blocked by the shaft, reducing the space that i can grow plants. Have to shift some plants to inside my home and throw away some... arggg

Hated it but doesnt have any choice. No money to buy condo or landed grrrrr

*Yawn*

Yah...my block of flats started that beginning of last year and my unit is the last lot; still ongoing.Poor plants,so sayang.Look out for the roaches and pests ; they will be on the move as they do not like all that dust and knocking.Not to mention the heat,blockage of breeze and stuffy air. .

#3 User is offline   Chatbud 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Be very careful after upgrading completed and they finished painting, let the paint dry for maybe a week or 2 liao then u push your plants near any wall that was painted. Do whatever you can to *season* the paint.

Some of my colleague's plants died after she pushed back the plants 2-3 days back near the wall which HDB contractor repainted.
Her beloved hanging and thick Spanish Moss turned brown and died within 3-4 days after leaning close to the wall.

Dun know what kind of funny cheapo paint HDB contractors use nowadays.

#4 User is offline   Bee Sting 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Owned by a cat.Enjoys good food.cooking,
    Nature. fragrant plants and herbs.Kena Nepenthes poisoning.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostChatbud, on 30 July 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Be very careful after upgrading completed and they finished painting, let the paint dry for maybe a week or 2 liao then u push your plants near any wall that was painted. Do whatever you can to *season* the paint.

Some of my colleague's plants died after she pushed back the plants 2-3 days back near the wall which HDB contractor repainted.
Her beloved hanging and thick Spanish Moss turned brown and died within 3-4 days after leaning close to the wall.

Dun know what kind of funny cheapo paint HDB contractors use nowadays.

The fumes from the thinner and paints make us giddy as well.If your pet dog /cat avoid the area,do not put any plant yet.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users