GCS Forum: Who used to live at Lim Chu Kang? - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Who used to live at Lim Chu Kang? Pig farmers/fish farmers/Orchid growers

#1 User is offline   Chatbud 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

My grandpa's pig farm and home used to be at this street where there were A LOT of bicycles at the entrance of the street. There was a mama shop-cum-house at this street opening too. Then further down a bit is LCK jetty already.
Zoe Tay's family lived in this street too.
My grandpa's brother used to have an orchid farm in LCK too.

Abby, you also came from LCK?
Anybody else?

#2 User is offline   Abby Lim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:All plants, Bonsai & cooking

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostChatbud, on 21 July 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

My grandpa's pig farm and home used to be at this street where there were A LOT of bicycles at the entrance of the street. There was a mama shop-cum-house at this street opening too. Then further down a bit is LCK jetty already.
Zoe Tay's family lived in this street too.
My grandpa's brother used to have an orchid farm in LCK too.

Abby, you also came from LCK?
Anybody else?

My farm was at LCK, Ama Keng, Zoe Tay's uncles stay around us, our site call 17 1/2 milestone, I believe Zoe stay at 19 mile stone, after TongHoe village, all the village road side all have the same bicycles parking at the junction of the LCK road, I live 2 milestone away from LCK main road, without a fast bicycle ride, it will take me 45 min to walk home, up-hill and down-hill, our farm at at the end of a road call "Lorong Ayam Hutan", one of the Zoe's 4th uncle is 2 farms next to me and another 5th uncle also 2 farms next to mine, but I can only get short cut to that one by roll a sampan from my house on high tide, if not I have to go thru my next neighbours' farm for shortcut too! but all the farms' dogs were not friendly to let you do so!
No one call my own name there, most of the kumpong ppl use the head farmer's name to ID all their children.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users