GCS Forum: anti cancer plant - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

anti cancer plant

#1 User is offline   spadestick 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hi all,

newbie here, really green at gardening too. Just want to hopefully ID a plant that my helper who has obtaining a cutting from her own country and claimed over and over, that it has healed many of her family villagers from cancer, by making a tea out of it. It is not generally known amongst her own countrymen, but apparently she says that some visiting foreigners from a cold climate, frequently visits her country and decimate all the leaves of this fast growing plant leaving the stem, just before heading back to their country. It is a wild growing plant and found in many parts of the country. She says apparently it can be found in Singapore too, but not too common.

Anyone know this plant?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/762b446032fb52c05290fb545cd96d10/tumblr_mjreblCm4h1s8cbkbo1_1280.jpg

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   offertech 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hi mate,

What a coincident. Recently my wife came across with a kind of plant that have similarities which you have described.

There is a wild growing plant in Malaysia called Sabah Snake Grass. Since sabah snake grass is a very famous anti cancer plant (also many use it for diabetes treatment and kidney diseases), now there are farmers grow them for business purposes. My wife is an online reseller for consumer products. Recently she approached a company which grew this anti cancer plant in many acres of land. This is the sabah snake grass provider's website.

Similarities which you have mentioned
1) It is a wild growing plant.
2) It grow by its stem.
3) People rumored it as an anti cancer plant.
4) It grows in hot climate places like Malaysia, Singapore and etc.

I don't know whether this is the plant you mention. I still haven't seen it with my own eyes, hope my info can help you a little.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users