GCS Forum: Why Branch Or Stem Cutting Failed To Rooting? - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Why Branch Or Stem Cutting Failed To Rooting?

#1 User is offline   tonytian 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hi,

Why branch or stem cutting failed to rooting?

*Failed to dip in water for 5 min before dip into root hormone powder
*Failed to thoroughly wet the soil before planting the cutting
*Plant in cutting into dry soil than wet the soil(Washed all root hormone powder away)
*Plant in cutting in thoroughly wet soil than wet the soil again (Washed all root hormone powder away)
*Put the cutting at direct sunlight instead at shade(Cover with plastic cover not neccesary)
*Constantly take out the cutting to observe roots growing or not (Not neccessary- simply observe from plant physical appearing will able have the telltale)
*Cutting from too old branch or stem (Recommend young branch or stem of a year or below)

#2 User is offline   Greyfingers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm not sure if rooting hormone is the way to go for all cuttings. I once had two cuttings, one with rooting hormones and the other without. Guess what, the one with the rooting hormones dried up and died the next day. The one without is still alive and showing some signs of life. It's been more than a month. Slow but it's got a fighting chance. And it's a plant that is very hard to root, even with experts trying.

That was my first time using rooting hormones and my final impression: waste of money. Best to go natural. In any case rooting hormones exist naturally in small amounts but perhaps that is all that nature requires.

#3 User is offline   Aionios 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi,

I tried dipping the stem cutting in honey before sticking it into the soil and bagging them in ziplock for a couple of weeks. The results have been favourable :)/>

#4 User is offline   tonytian 

• PipPip

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostAionios, on 22 April 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Hi,

I tried dipping the stem cutting in honey before sticking it into the soil and bagging them in ziplock for a couple of weeks. The results have been favourable :)/>

Aionios
Wonderful

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users