Undesirable behaviours by certain members

#1 User is offline   Cindy 

• Chief Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Chief Moderator
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants & Puffer Fish

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Dear GCS members,

It has come to our notice that the following undesirable behaviours are being exhibited by a couple of our members on the forums lately.

*Spamming other members' PM inbox for free plants
*Asking for freebies from members who are selling plants
*Expecting other members who are selling plants to meet at places to their convenience
*Expecting other members who are giving away free plants to meet at places to their convenience
*Always posting to want to collect free plants or buy plants but changing their mind at the very last minute every time

You are advised to ignore such behaviours and not give in to the whims and fancies of anyone who displays them.

Please notify us if the inconsiderate conduct continues and we will take appropriate actions.

Thank you,
Team of Moderators and Admin

#2 User is offline   shawnchen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Phalaenopsis

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

I think most of us have kept quiet because we didn't know there was actually a channel to 'report' these happenings.

It's great to know that the admin and mods are going to take action against these people. Many thanks and good work! :notworthy:/>

Have encountered the following but shall not disclose their names for now. If it happens again I will drop a PM to the team.

*Asking for freebies from members who are selling plants

*Expecting other members who are selling plants to meet at places to their convenience

*Always posting to want to collect free plants or buy plants but changing their mind at the very last minute every time

#3 User is offline   Heian Edenwood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

Agreed.... thanks so much for assuring us that the mods and admins are on the alert for such people and preventing us from being taken advantage of. :)/>

#4 User is offline   Greyfingers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

Ya deal with it people and stop complaining so much.

#5 User is offline   lolandra 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hope I'm nt one of them. Jus a thot, if this happens to me, I think I might jus b too polite to report it. *shrug*

#6 User is offline   Wisteria 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

There are many members who behave like this. I have personally encountered large numbers of them who are terribly inconsiderate & very greedy. A couple of them are even sellers themselves.

#7 User is offline   Grandiflora 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostWisteria, on 05 February 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

There are many members who behave like this. I have personally encountered large numbers of them who are terribly inconsiderate & very greedy. A couple of them are even sellers themselves.

Name and shame.

#8 User is offline   Wisteria 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Mika, you want me to become even more famous than I'm now? :hysterical:/>
People in close contact with me already know who are the (1) greedy & cheapskate members plus (2) inconsiderate & selfish members I have blacklisted.

Both sellers are married men & well-known regulars at GCS gatherings.

Some of the very greedy members are not newbies or students like most people presume. They include inactive members as well as regular fixtures at GCS gatherings. Several are women who drive & don't mind wasting petrol to travel far to pick up plants but will shamelessly ask me to give them the items I put up for sale FREE OF CHARGE. They can pay but they just want to try their luck to see if they can get the stuff free. I have one long list of seeds/cuttings that I can share FOC if they want but these greedy people only have eyes for those on the sales list.

Another group I absolutely detest is the group of fake buyers who cause me lots of inconvenience & waste my time & other serious buyers' time by arranging/cancelling/rearranging/cancelling/etc & never turn up. The 2 male sellers I mention above belong to this group. Shame on these liars!

This post has been edited by Wisteria: 05 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

#9 User is offline   Cindy 

• Chief Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Chief Moderator
  • Interests:Carnivorous Plants & Puffer Fish

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback posted here. However, it is not our intention to name (let alone shame) except for recalcitrant cases.

The thread is started so that more members will become aware and mindful of who they are exchanging plants with or giving plants to.

Let's end the discussion here and if anyone wants to name names, you are most welcome to do so via the PM function to the moderators and admin.

Also, let's make concerted effort as a community to prevent members who take advantage of others from being able to continue doing so. There is no stopping of people who have the gimme-gimme syndrome but we can all choose to ignore their requests.

Thanks! :flowers:/>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users