Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Permaculture discussion permaculture principles and practices

#1 User is offline   nimbin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hi all, I'm new to this website and I am currently studying Permaculture in Nimbin, NSW, Australia. For one of our projects, we need to facilitate a group discussion and feed back on outcomes. So if it is okay with everyone, I would like to start and facilitate a discussion here.

I am studying at Djanbung Gardens, permaculture College of Australia. www.permaculture.com.au
The Permaculture concept was originally developed by Bill Mollison and David Holmgren in the 1970's in Australia.

ethics: care of earth, care of people, fair share (dispersing surplus to support the first 2 ethics and recognising limits to growth and consumption)

Guiding principles : 1) everything is connected to everything else. 2) Every function is supported by many elements
3)Every element should serve many functions.

Many people think of "Permaculture" as organic gardening....to me, it's more than that, it is a lifestyle choice..and it is about a sustainable way of life and using organic growing methods.

This is the topic of discussion I would like to start: How would you grow a veggie garden, incoporating these 2 Principles?
P 5: Use and value renewable resources and services
P6: Produce no waste
Also what kind of veggies would u grow?
Are u interested in growing your own food?

Thanks evryone : )

#2 User is offline   peter-zheng 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

interested

#3 User is offline   marvinuncleherbs 

• PipPip

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

The techniques and strategies used to apply these principles vary widely depending on the location, climatic conditions and resources that are available. The methods may differ, but the foundations to this holistic approach remain constant. By learning these principles you can acquire valuable thinking tools that help you become more resilient in an era of change.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users