GCS Forum: ID help please. - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

ID help please.

#1 User is offline   tlh72 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Orchids, herbs, heliconia, whatever will survive in the garden with low maintenance and minimal pests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

Hi,
Would like to ask the experts if they could help ID this plant. Just bought it over the weekend cos I thought the leaves looked interesting and realised it is a vine type.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y315/tlhsg/garden/007-5.jpg
http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y315/tlhsg/garden/008-8.jpg

Would it climb against the wall, and if so, will the roots affect the structural integrity of the wall?

Thanks in advance..

LH

#2 User is offline   islaverde 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:tree ferns, orchids, mosses, fragrant plants, anthuriums, alocasias, xanthosomas, monsteras, philodendrons, tropical america flora, heliconias, gingers, calatheas, creepers, forest ecology

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

THis is a Philodendron. Not sure but it looks like the non-climbing type (ie self heading).
Let it creep along the ground.
Nice plant.. where was it sold?

#3 User is offline   tlh72 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Orchids, herbs, heliconia, whatever will survive in the garden with low maintenance and minimal pests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

View Postislaverde, on 14 February 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

THis is a Philodendron. Not sure but it looks like the non-climbing type (ie self heading).
Let it creep along the ground.
Nice plant.. where was it sold?

Thanks islaverde. Got it from Corona at Clementi Road. Was actually looking for some alocasia, but didn't see any nice ones. I have option of leaving it in the pot or planting it in ground. Can it tolerate soggy ground though? Drainage in my garden is far from ideal, especially after heavy downpour.

LH

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users