GCS Forum: Monstera deliciosa - GCS Forum

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2

Monstera deliciosa Subgroup Monsteroideae Family Araceae

#21 User is offline   elwingo 

  • Advance Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1720
  • Joined: 07-February 06
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

View Postislaverde, on 14 February 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

if you want MONSTER, here is one. but it is a philodendron though...

http://www.aroid.org.../images/194.jpg


isla!! hehe..u are really incorrigible.. ALWAYS tempting us with the most fantastic and weird plants!!

aaatop - my monsteras are baby cuttings so i dont think i will be able to supply any cuttings for the next 2 years or so but my friend and her sis grow them and i'll ask them to reserve one for u the next time they prune. will keep u posted

dino - u made me laugh... a monster escapee indeed!
0

#22 User is offline   aaatop 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 460
  • Joined: 04-January 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kg. Java Rd
  • Interests:Adenium, Yucca, Dracenea, Alocasia, Mulberry, Pandan, Pennywort,, Plumeria, Staghorns, Gloxinia, Episcia, Begonia, African Violet & Money Plants.

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

View Postelwingo, on 14 February 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

isla!! hehe..u are really incorrigible.. ALWAYS tempting us with the most fantastic and weird plants!!

aaatop - my monsteras are baby cuttings so i dont think i will be able to supply any cuttings for the next 2 years or so but my friend and her sis grow them and i'll ask them to reserve one for u the next time they prune. will keep u posted

dino - u made me laugh... a monster escapee indeed!



isla : gee... looks like a yam leaf!... huge specie... seems larger than the monstera.

elwingo : thanks... any chance anyone has a cute Xanadu cuttings?

couple a days ago, spotted 2 large E.Aureum already climbed almost to the top of 2 flyover support pillars under the benjamin sheres bridge, from ophir towards keppel... flourished so beautifully.... will try to take pics next time up..
0

#23 User is offline   islaverde 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4217
  • Joined: 13-December 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:terra firma
  • Interests:tree ferns, orchids, mosses, fragrant plants, anthuriums, alocasias, xanthosomas, monsteras, philodendrons, tropical america flora, heliconias, gingers, calatheas, creepers, forest ecology

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

View Postaaatop, on 14 February 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

isla : gee... looks like a yam leaf!... huge specie... seems larger than the monstera.




yes, one of the largest, if not the largest vining philodendron.



View Postelwingo, on 14 February 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

isla!! hehe..u are really incorrigible.. ALWAYS tempting us with the most fantastic and weird plants!!





how elwingo? the giant heart shaped leaves look good? everyone will ooh and aah leh if you get one.. LOL
0

#24 User is offline   aaatop 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 460
  • Joined: 04-January 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kg. Java Rd
  • Interests:Adenium, Yucca, Dracenea, Alocasia, Mulberry, Pandan, Pennywort,, Plumeria, Staghorns, Gloxinia, Episcia, Begonia, African Violet & Money Plants.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

View Postislaverde, on 14 February 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

yes, one of the largest, if not the largest vining philodendron.

how elwingo? the giant heart shaped leaves look good? everyone will ooh and aah leh if you get one.. LOL


I guess it does climb upwards right? Pics shows like its a creeper, prolly too heavy to climb? Is that specie avail here?
0

#25 User is offline   islaverde 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4217
  • Joined: 13-December 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:terra firma
  • Interests:tree ferns, orchids, mosses, fragrant plants, anthuriums, alocasias, xanthosomas, monsteras, philodendrons, tropical america flora, heliconias, gingers, calatheas, creepers, forest ecology

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

View Postaaatop, on 15 February 2011 - 08:42 AM, said:

I guess it does climb upwards right? Pics shows like its a creeper, prolly too heavy to climb? Is that specie avail here?


no, its a climber.. it climbs very high up in the trees and hence lose contact with the ground (hemiepiphyte). not available here but I had one before..
0

#26 User is offline   aaatop 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 460
  • Joined: 04-January 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kg. Java Rd
  • Interests:Adenium, Yucca, Dracenea, Alocasia, Mulberry, Pandan, Pennywort,, Plumeria, Staghorns, Gloxinia, Episcia, Begonia, African Violet & Money Plants.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

View Postislaverde, on 15 February 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

no, its a climber.. it climbs very high up in the trees and hence lose contact with the ground (hemiepiphyte). not available here but I had one before..



haha.... if not avail here.... where did yrs come from? dun tell me u found one that drop from the sky... carried by the wind after it climbed too high and broke away.... :)/>.... after all it has extremely large leaves..... :)/>
0

#27 User is offline   islaverde 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4217
  • Joined: 13-December 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:terra firma
  • Interests:tree ferns, orchids, mosses, fragrant plants, anthuriums, alocasias, xanthosomas, monsteras, philodendrons, tropical america flora, heliconias, gingers, calatheas, creepers, forest ecology

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

View Postaaatop, on 15 February 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

haha.... if not avail here.... where did yrs come from? dun tell me u found one that drop from the sky... carried by the wind after it climbed too high and broke away.... :)/>.... after all it has extremely large leaves..... :)/>


bought from overseas
0

#28 User is offline   aaatop 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 460
  • Joined: 04-January 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kg. Java Rd
  • Interests:Adenium, Yucca, Dracenea, Alocasia, Mulberry, Pandan, Pennywort,, Plumeria, Staghorns, Gloxinia, Episcia, Begonia, African Violet & Money Plants.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

View Postislaverde, on 15 February 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

bought from overseas



Spotted 2 Monsteras below CTE exit bukit timah, adjacent to Pats Schoolhouse.
Really thick vine rooted into the ground, it was a crawler.... beautiful large leaves.... it has a new sprout (with new roots) in each plant, looks possible to propagate.... :)/> (very tempting....)
0

#29 User is offline   islaverde 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4217
  • Joined: 13-December 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:terra firma
  • Interests:tree ferns, orchids, mosses, fragrant plants, anthuriums, alocasias, xanthosomas, monsteras, philodendrons, tropical america flora, heliconias, gingers, calatheas, creepers, forest ecology

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

aaatop, you can purchase Monstera deliciosa, and even Monstera adansonii from many nurseries here.. check out FEF thomson.
0

#30 User is offline   aaatop 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 460
  • Joined: 04-January 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kg. Java Rd
  • Interests:Adenium, Yucca, Dracenea, Alocasia, Mulberry, Pandan, Pennywort,, Plumeria, Staghorns, Gloxinia, Episcia, Begonia, African Violet & Money Plants.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

View Postislaverde, on 17 February 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

aaatop, you can purchase Monstera deliciosa, and even Monstera adansonii from many nurseries here.. check out FEF thomson.


thanks ... will check out FEL....:)/>
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users