• 2 Pages +

Hozelock Spray Repair

#21 User is offline   pino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

View PostLawrenceLee, on 11 March 2010 - 03:09 PM, said:

If it is a leaking gasket or O-ring, why not try getting a replacement from your local "Five-Gold-Shop" (Hardware shop)? The row facing Jalan Besar stadium should be able to come up with something to fit. Just bring along the pump to fit.

yes, i did it already. i asked 6 h'ware shop, they all said they don't have the washer.

View PostAh Kee, on 11 March 2010 - 04:24 PM, said:

tks ah kee.

View Postmaggie, on 12 March 2010 - 12:22 AM, said:

a dear GCS member went on ebay and patiently waited for the right one to come along... all i can say is $$ a lot lot less but heng-suay situation.

the other china-made pressure pump looks impressive but the spring is as good as it last. i went thru 2 sets already... just cannot compare to HZ.
the reason why Hozelock is so expensive is the "hard plastic" of the container which can withstand our corrosive chemicals and the durable spring pump. the tech guy says some customers come back for "servicing" year after year... they only change to another Hozelock when the pump parts get too expensive...

eg. if i wanted to buy a new pressure release valve to replace my current broken (but useable) one, it would be $12 + GST... but if the spring mechanism had spoiled, then not worth replacing...

i actually asked around the h'ware store about those aluminum pressure spray (those you need to carry them like a backpack, you may have seen nea guys carry them to spray some chemical). it cost about $80 plus, but the effect is not as good.

#22 User is offline   maggie 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

May I suggest you contact moods? I ask him and he mentioned getting washers( rubber tube??) is not an issue.

#23 User is offline   Abby Lim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:All plants, Bonsai & cooking

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

View Postpino, on 12 March 2010 - 09:51 AM, said:

yes, i did it already. i asked 6 h'ware shop, they all said they don't have the washer.

tks ah kee.

i actually asked around the h'ware store about those aluminum pressure spray (those you need to carry them like a backpack, you may have seen nea guys carry them to spray some chemical). it cost about $80 plus, but the effect is not as good.

Old days' farmer all use the metal tank that carry like the backpack and has a handle by the side to let them pump from the front while they do their spray, either insecticide or weeds killer, I think my dad's set still in his store.

Those just to service the nozzle head, replace the washer regularly ( farmer use to buy pack of washer from hardware shop, just get the right size use by the tap and shower head, you can DIY by using the inner tube of the bicycle/ car tyre.

#24 User is offline   pino 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

View Postmaggie, on 15 March 2010 - 10:28 AM, said:

May I suggest you contact moods? I ask him and he mentioned getting washers( rubber tube??) is not an issue.

View PostAbby Lim, on 15 March 2010 - 01:50 PM, said:

Old days' farmer all use the metal tank that carry like the backpack and has a handle by the side to let them pump from the front while they do their spray, either insecticide or weeds killer, I think my dad's set still in his store.

Those just to service the nozzle head, replace the washer regularly ( farmer use to buy pack of washer from hardware shop, just get the right size use by the tap and shower head, you can DIY by using the inner tube of the bicycle/ car tyre.

hi there, tks.
i have manage to repair 1 of them. i remove the other washer from the other spray (i had 2 sprays - both were not working after a yr or 2 due to washer issue), & place it on another spray. now it is working again. tks.

#25 User is offline   Green Baron 

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

I would like to recommend this BIBA brand spray. Highly recommended. Cheaper than Hozelock but as good if not better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/greenbaron/Plants/equipment/SprayBottle-20100315_D0024.jpg

Bought 2 of this during the 1997 garden tech show and have been with me for 3 years and still going strong. Never had any problem at all. Unfortunately I can't remember the company that sold this spray. It was listed in the Garden tech business guide. Anyone still has the 1997 copy ?

#26 User is offline   derix 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

View Postpino, on 11 March 2010 - 09:22 AM, said:

no agent in singapore, only distributor.

Singapore HY - RAY Private Limited
40 Jalan Pemimpin
#02-08 Tat Ann Building
Singapore 577185
Phone [font="""] + 65 - 625 32 277 [/font] + 65 - 625 32 277
Fax + 65 - 6251 8760
Mail shiying@hyray.com.sg

Thanks Pino!

here is their website http://hyray.com.sg/

here is a pic of my gardena 5L pressure spray~
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JKZ4puq-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://hyray.com.sg/UploadedImg/1209229940_869.image.jpg

very well built. I chose this over the hozelock version because of the opaque canistor and the foot pad for you to step on to stablilize the canistor while you pump :)/>

This post has been edited by derix: 24 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

#27 User is offline   crazyjellie 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

View PostGreen Baron, on 15 March 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

I would like to recommend this BIBA brand spray. Highly recommended. Cheaper than Hozelock but as good if not better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/greenbaron/Plants/equipment/SprayBottle-20100315_D0024.jpg

Bought 2 of this during the 1997 garden tech show and have been with me for 3 years and still going strong. Never had any problem at all. Unfortunately I can't remember the company that sold this spray. It was listed in the Garden tech business guide. Anyone still has the 1997 copy ?

1997 or 2007?
how much is each?

#28 User is offline   Green Baron 

• Advance Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

View Postcrazyjellie, on 24 March 2010 - 12:49 PM, said:

1997 or 2007?
how much is each?

Oops it should be 2007. Can't remember the price, I think in the range of 20-30.

This post has been edited by Green Baron: 24 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

#29 User is offline   maggie 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:44 AM

Went Wing Poh again with friend who wanted to repair a dented hose. and had a fun time watching them buy the followinmg equipment for their gardens.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af196/mrsmaggielimwong/hozelock.jpg

#30 User is offline   derelor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:C&S, Orchids, Episcias

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hi all,

Just felt like sharing the following.

I bought 2 hozelock 8L spray pump about 18 months ago. One of the pumps had a leak, and I brought it for repair. I was served and assisted by 3 friendly and helpful staff, and they fixed the problem for me on the spot. All my regrets for paying so much for a spray pump disappeared immediately. Even if the pumps were a little over priced, they definitely made it all up with their after-sales service. Thank you.

Cheers,
Ben

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users