GCS Forum: Aglaonema dut unyamanee (unjamani) - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Aglaonema dut unyamanee (unjamani)

#1 User is offline   mainmainaja 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

I couldn't resist buying a pot of unjamani this morning.

Now I am considering changing the medium to semi-hydro using leca (saw them growing them in glass containers at Thong Hup). Has anyone attempted that before? How can it be done? There are three plants in the pot. Will like to separate them into three different containers.

Also, does anyone know how tall it will grow? Will like it in a rather dwarf stage...can?

TIA.

#2 User is offline   bifurcatum 

• PipPip

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

View Postmainmainaja, on Nov 28 2009, 06:47 PM, said:

Now I am considering changing the medium to semi-hydro using leca (saw them growing them in glass containers at Thong Hup). Has anyone attempted that before? How can it be done? There are three plants in the pot. Will like to separate them into three different containers.

Also, does anyone know how tall it will grow? Will like it in a rather dwarf stage...can?

TIA.

Use clean soil. Organic soil mix with perlite. Make sure you clean its wound after seperate them.
Mind to post some pics?
thx

#3 User is offline   reef 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

View Postmainmainaja, on Nov 28 2009, 06:47 PM, said:

TIA.

May I know where did you get the red Aglaonema from ? Are the leaves big ? I hope it's not too expensive ....

#4 User is offline   mainmainaja 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:13 PM

View Postreef, on Dec 30 2009, 10:31 PM, said:

May I know where did you get the red Aglaonema from ? Are the leaves big ? I hope it's not too expensive ....

Got it at Thong Hup, but other nurseries will have as well.
There were three plants in the same pot. I repot it into three pots - two were given away as gifts, and the third is below. So just a few bucks each.
The biggest leaves are about 15cm so far, but it's growing well. Lots of leaves and a baby as well. I repot it in leca and placed it near the windows with morning sun.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu146/mainmainaja/PC310196.jpg

This post has been edited by mainmainaja: 31 December 2009 - 02:14 PM

#5 User is offline   wet thumbie 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Piano playing, hymns arrangements, composing, hydroponic plants, travel

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:22 AM

View Postmainmainaja, on Dec 31 2009, 02:13 PM, said:

Got it at Thong Hup, but other nurseries will have as well.
There were three plants in the same pot. I repot it into three pots - two were given away as gifts, and the third is below. So just a few bucks each.
The biggest leaves are about 15cm so far, but it's growing well. Lots of leaves and a baby as well. I repot it in leca and placed it near the windows with morning sun.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu146/mainmainaja/PC310196.jpg

Nice and great going :)/>
Glad that you repotted with leca. These plants just love hydroculture :flowers:/> !
Bought a pot of Aglomena in hydroculture from Thong Hup some months back. The roots rotted after 2 weeks. To salvage the plant, I had to trim the roots off completely leaving only with stem and 2 leaves. I stuck them into a culture pot and lo and behold new water roots began to form and so new leaf start to pop up and it looks like this:

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab299/chingfun/P1000711.jpg

This was bought a few days ago in soil, converted to hydroculture on same day of purchase:
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab299/chingfun/P1000713.jpg

Plants' outer pots are in "take away" containers are stationed outside my apartment. They look kind of unsightly and meant hopefully not to attract temptations. :bangin:/>

This post has been edited by wet thumbie: 01 January 2010 - 02:27 AM

#6 User is offline   reef 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

I think most other nurseries just have the normal green ones at most those with green veins... How to get to this nursery you went to again ?

#7 User is offline   wet thumbie 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Piano playing, hymns arrangements, composing, hydroponic plants, travel

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:06 AM

You mean Thong Hup? This is in Jurong West extension near NTU.

Address: Thong Hup Gardens Pte Ltd
No. 2 Jurong West Street 25
Singapore 648325
Tel : 6 792 2622 / 6 794 2108

Driving directions: Coming from the east on PIE, 1)exit on Jalan Bahar. Nursery is visible on highway. 2)On exit from highway, take left turn. 3) Turn left on 1st light. 4) Turn left AFTER 1st light. Nursery is on your immediate right.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users