GCS Forum: Jungle King - GCS Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

Jungle King

#1 User is offline   yappie 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 12-January 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

Alpinia purpurata jungle king
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/yappiepie/feb09027.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/yappiepie/feb09031.jpg

ENJOY ! :D/>
0

#2 User is offline   Guanster 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1239
  • Joined: 06-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:bah soon pah road
  • Interests:I.B.E

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

this is a handsome plant, tall with elegant flower...u brought it?
0

#3 User is offline   Dnn 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 939
  • Joined: 28-October 08

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:24 AM

View Postyappie, on Feb 28 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

Alpinia purpurata jungle king
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/yappiepie/feb09027.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/yappiepie/feb09031.jpg

ENJOY ! :D/>

Woa! did you have this plant? World Farm do not have it, neither are the other nurseries. At one time can see it at our Botanic Gardens, but is now replaced by other plants. I love it, but could not find it at nurseries.
0

#4 User is offline   islaverde 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4217
  • Joined: 13-December 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:terra firma
  • Interests:tree ferns, orchids, mosses, fragrant plants, anthuriums, alocasias, xanthosomas, monsteras, philodendrons, tropical america flora, heliconias, gingers, calatheas, creepers, forest ecology

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

It is a big Alpinia if grown well. In deeper shade, its leaves take on a dark green color and is a nice candidate for a location that does not have alot of sun. Loves rich well draining soil and fertilisers.
0

#5 User is offline   Guanster 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1239
  • Joined: 06-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:bah soon pah road
  • Interests:I.B.E

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

wf have it last few month..it is about 6ft tall.
i do seen in one nusery before.
0

#6 User is offline   yappie 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 12-January 08
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

View PostGuanster, on Mar 1 2009, 12:24 AM, said:

this is a handsome plant, tall with elegant flower...u brought it?



View PostDnn, on Mar 1 2009, 01:24 AM, said:

Woa! did you have this plant? World Farm do not have it, neither are the other nurseries. At one time can see it at our Botanic Gardens, but is now replaced by other plants. I love it, but could not find it at nurseries.


I got it from a hobbyist in Sin, this is a new shoot fr the old rizhome. If i have more will part some to u in the near future. I plant this along with heliconias. Glad u guys like it. :D/>
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users