GCS Forum: Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for various chemicals - GCS Forum

• 2 Pages +

Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for various chemicals For Your Safety when using Insecticide and Pesticide

#21 User is offline   Dnn 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:01 PM

View Postyewpat, on Nov 19 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

Just checked on the link. It is working. :)/> Total 4 pages.

elsewise

go to search engine and key in MSDS Neem oil. You shall be benefited.

On another note:
"Neem oil itself" is safe.
However, different "Neem oil product" behaves different,
having said that, it depends on the "Neem oil product formulation".
Generally a chemical product should comes with its own MSDS.

Thanks managed to find it by keying in as suggested by you

#22 User is offline   goldfish 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Hi Yewpat,
Happen to have come across this thread and find out it was extremely helpful for growers at all level. Thank you for arousing this concern here so that, maybe some of the chemicals used or as proclaimed, is truthful or relevant. As technique in agriculture growing expanded, more chemicals were being used in forms of pesticides or fertilizers. These datas will urge some of the growers to consider carefully or take precautions before a definite application being enforced. Please take the lead in educating some misconceptions that other places usage that may not be suitable here. Looking forward to your kind attention to make that in place, thank you once again. :notworthy:/>
Goldfish.

#23 User is offline   yewpat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

Dear Goldfish, thanks for the support.

Updated on Post #2

13. MSDS Procymidone, through prolonged exposure, will affect your REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS.
Any intention to use it with a mask, thinking that you are protected. then think again for all the people living around you!
http://www.pestgenie.com.au/msds/sumitomo/...00_29104509.pdf

#24 User is offline   yewpat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:44 PM

Dear All and Moderators,

Is it possible to place this thread as a sticky and newbies to read it before they start to make purchase on insecticides and pesticides,....chemicals?

Safety Handling on Chemical Awareness should be orientated prior before purchasing.

I have started this thread on 14 Nov 2008.

Yet close to almost a year, still there are hobbist unaware of the side effects of chemicals. (as reflected in the thread below)

Side effects do not come straight away. It take times to show up. It is just like Global Warming.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
QUOTE (ChingHsi @ Oct 4 2009, 08:55 PM) http://www.greenculturesg.com/forum/style_images/1/post_snapback.gifI personally feel very safe using this product. It smells good too. Try reading the material safety data sheet for this product, I think this product is much safer than other fungicides like Captan. Captan has cancer causing agents in it, fellow plant lovers please be careful when using it.

By the way, I only use fungicides when there is absolute neccessity. Believe that fungicides can kill the good bacteria in the medium, which is beneficial to the plant's growth.
Thanks for highlighting the carcinogenic effects of Captan. :notworthy:/> Luckily I have stopped using it. Not that I am wary about its harmful effects but it is not as effective as Physan 20. Talking about harmful effects, I quickly google for the material data sheet of malathion and am relieved that it does not have any carcinogenic potential as listed in OSHA, IARC, NTP and ACGIH. To be safe, I have stopped growing plants that need consistent sprays of malathion though white summer oil can be a good subsititute for red spider mites but not for root mealy bugs and I am a cacti and succulents lover. Sigh!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

This post has been edited by yewpat: 17 November 2009 - 01:01 AM

#25 User is offline   steven 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

thanks Yewpat for this thread! I just happened to chance upon it today even though it has been around for so long...

#26 User is offline   wandering 

• PipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

My neighbour has been watering his plants with somekind of insecticide. I have a vegetable patch separated by a fence+drain next to his house. Would his insecticide affect my vegetables? His plants are in pots.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users