GCS Forum: Draco - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Draco

#1 User is offline   Claire Wong 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:51 PM

Recently, my Draco plant which is placed in my outdoor garden started to show rotting leaves again. The most affected parts are the new growing tender leaves. Occasionally, this "rot" also appears on the older leaves in their mid sections. Generally for the older leaves, the "rot" will stop and dry up leaving patches of dried opaque sheath of the leaves. For the younger leaves, the leaves normally continue to grow but the leaves are all "broken" and appear unsightly. I read that this rot is due to too much watering and have rarely water the plant since but problem still reappear. Do I have to bring this plant indoor? But I do see majestic tall Draco in the outdoor.

#2 User is offline   Han Chong 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:landscaping

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

View PostClaire Wong, on Jun 22 2008, 02:51 PM, said:

Recently, my Draco plant which is placed in my outdoor garden started to show rotting leaves again. The most affected parts are the new growing tender leaves. Occasionally, this "rot" also appears on the older leaves in their mid sections. Generally for the older leaves, the "rot" will stop and dry up leaving patches of dried opaque sheath of the leaves. For the younger leaves, the leaves normally continue to grow but the leaves are all "broken" and appear unsightly. I read that this rot is due to too much watering and have rarely water the plant since but problem still reappear. Do I have to bring this plant indoor? But I do see majestic tall Draco in the outdoor.

Hi any picture that can show your plant? When you said Draco, do you mean it is Dracaena draco from Canary island? or the false draco Draaena loureiri from Thailand?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users