• 4 Pages +
  • Last »

miracle fruit

#1 User is offline   shamrock 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

bought a couple of miracle fruit plants today. cant wait for the berries to grow!

#2 User is offline   shamrock 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:39 PM

shamrock, on Apr 26 2008, 02:00 PM, said:

bought a couple of miracle fruit plants today. cant wait for the berries to grow!

anyone tried eating it before? wonder if it really works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/shamrockv/P1070278.jpg

#3 User is offline   cwwlove 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

shamrock, on Apr 26 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

anyone tried eating it before? wonder if it really works.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/shamrockv/P1070278.jpg

Tried that in a farm of taiwan few years back. Every sour fruits taste sweet after that! Even soup! Btw where did u get this miracle plant from?

#4 User is offline   Mamat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Plants, Cats, Fish

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:51 PM

yeah.. have tried it...
quite amazing

#5 User is offline   shamrock 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

Mamat, on Apr 26 2008, 11:51 PM, said:

yeah.. have tried it...
quite amazing

sungai buloh malaysia has plenty - all sizes - 4-foot ones cost rm55 upwards, 2-foot ones rm20 (or below if you bargain) and small 6 inch ones for rm6. i bought the 2-foot ones.

great for those who need to take those vile-tasting chinese medicines, dont you think?

#6 User is offline   spheredome 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

cwwlove, on Apr 26 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

Tried that in a farm of taiwan few years back. Every sour fruits taste sweet after that! Even soup! Btw where did u get this miracle plant from?

Is this the fruit mentioned in those sword fight movie that say first fruit puts a person into eternal hypernation and the second one to revive :lol:/> . Like 天香豆寇 :lol:/>

#7 User is offline   Herb Lover 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

Hmmm...interesting fruit!:)/> Wonder if this can be found in Singapore commercially?:)/> I know Hortpark is conducting a talk in June, on this fruit alone and charging $5 per pax I think.:)/>

#8 User is offline   shamrock 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:02 AM

Herb Lover, on May 22 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

Hmmm...interesting fruit!:)/> Wonder if this can be found in Singapore commercially?:)/> I know Hortpark is conducting a talk in June, on this fruit alone and charging $5 per pax I think.:)/>

you can get them from malaysia at rm5 if anyone's coming this way anytime soon. they are about 10 inches tall. how tall are the $5 ones in s'pore?

#9 User is offline   Herb Lover 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

shamrock, on May 24 2008, 06:02 AM, said:

you can get them from malaysia at rm5 if anyone's coming this way anytime soon. they are about 10 inches tall. how tall are the $5 ones in s'pore?

It is $5 for the talk my friend, not for the plant:P WF is selling theirs (already fruiting ones) for $25 per pot. For 1/10 the price, it can be bought at Oh's farm but one will have to water them for at least 3 years before they can see any fruits (grown from seeds).:P/>

Have you tried rooting yours from cuttings? That might produce clones of the orginal plant and shorten the maturing process or do we need to do marcotting to produce that effect? Totally clueless here, I am:P

#10 User is offline   shamrock 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Herb Lover, on May 24 2008, 11:36 AM, said:

It is $5 for the talk my friend, not for the plant:P WF is selling theirs (already fruiting ones) for $25 per pot. For 1/10 the price, it can be bought at Oh's farm but one will have to water them for at least 3 years before they can see any fruits (grown from seeds).:P/>

Have you tried rooting yours from cuttings? That might produce clones of the orginal plant and shorten the maturing process or do we need to do marcotting to produce that effect? Totally clueless here, I am:P

2-3 feet tall one with a couple of fruit and some flowers are rm18-20 each here. sungai buloh has lots if you can tumpang anyone coming this way.

#11 User is offline   Herb Lover 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

shamrock, on May 25 2008, 03:50 PM, said:

2-3 feet tall one with a couple of fruit and some flowers are rm18-20 each here. sungai buloh has lots if you can tumpang anyone coming this way.

Really? That's like less than half the price charged here!:)/> Okie...must search for volunteers!:P/>

#12 User is offline   Rich 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Herb Lover, on May 25 2008, 04:30 PM, said:

Really? That's like less than half the price charged here!:)/> Okie...must search for volunteers!:P/>

Can anyone here enlighten me on how miraculous eating the fruits of this plant is?

What sort of illness? Cancer etc?

How to eat the fruit? Raw? Any other parts we can consume?

I will rush to WF to buy if it is really that good!

#13 User is offline   shamrock 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

Rich, on May 29 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

Can anyone here enlighten me on how miraculous eating the fruits of this plant is?

What sort of illness? Cancer etc?

How to eat the fruit? Raw? Any other parts we can consume?

I will rush to WF to buy if it is really that good!

no, no, it doesnt cure anything but in making whatever you eat taste good/sweet afterwards, it has its advantages. it means an alternative for diabetics who cannot take sugar, it means those who have to ingest foul tasting medication will no longer have to endure the taste. it is deemed a miracle to those who are trying to battle the bulge. imagine being able to 'indulge' in 'sweet stuff' without having to contend with the calories!

This post has been edited by shamrock: 29 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

#14 User is offline   sasa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Diving, Mountain climbing

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

I would urge u all form a group to go Malaysia to buy if u are interested. ICA has a poster there that says a person is limited to 3 plants each from Malaysia. U can see it at bus bay area. And so far I've got no prob with the clearance. (just my 2 cent worth of thought)

I saw the plants or shd u call it trees planted along the road from Khatib to WF that quiet stretch of road there after u passed that school. No signs of any fruits yet. It's been an eye-opener.. Thx Shamrock for the fotos..

sasa ;þ

This post has been edited by sasa: 29 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

#15 User is offline   Kingfisher 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

sasa, on May 29 2008, 02:58 PM, said:

I would urge u all form a group to go Malaysia to buy if u are interested. ICA has a poster there that says a person is limited to 3 plants each from Malaysia. U can see it at bus bay area. And so far I've got no prob with the clearance. (just my 2 cent worth of thought)

I saw the plants or shd u call it trees planted along the road from Khatib to WF that quiet stretch of road there after u passed that school. No signs of any fruits yet. It's been an eye-opener.. Thx Shamrock for the fotos..

sasa ;þ

Are we able to bring plants with soils from Malaysia?

#16 User is offline   Herb Lover 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Kingfisher, on May 30 2008, 11:38 AM, said:

Are we able to bring plants with soils from Malaysia?

From what WF told me, the answer is no.:)/>

#17 User is offline   wishingtree 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Growing herbs, particularly Lavenders, photography, nature walks, fishing, reading, sewing, experiments, furniture restoration, home decor and travel.

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:09 AM

I read the same on the AVA website too and it was stated that the limit is 3 plants per person.

sasa, on May 29 2008, 02:58 PM, said:

sasa ;þ

#18 User is offline   sasa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Diving, Mountain climbing

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

wishingtree, on May 31 2008, 05:09 AM, said:

I read the same on the AVA website too and it was stated that the limit is 3 plants per person.

So far i've hand-carry in plectranthus, orchids, aloe veras, gerbera and pots of catus all attached with soil. No prob.. I even asked the custom officer (1st time) if it's okie.. they've got no prob and they even helped me make sure that it goes thru the x-ray machine safely everytime! .. haha :rolleyes:/>

If they got questions, I'll point out that it's clearly stated in the poster that we're allowed to bring in 3 plants each...

sasa ;þ

#19 User is offline   shamrock 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

i've got 3 baby miracle fruit plants from the 3 seeds i planted! each about 2 inches tall.

#20 User is offline   skyfiery 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography. Nature. Horseback-riding. Nature. Spirituality. Esoteric beliefs. Philosophy. Astronomy. Canines. Lupines. Golden eagles. Native American and Celtic cultures.

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

Quick! Inform Herb Lover!

Lol.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users