#21 User is offline   mm 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

View Postporkchop, on Mar 21 2008, 11:38 AM, said:

Hi mm,

*shameless request*

May I have a pink torch ginger rhizome, please? I have a variety of lotus seeds if you want to barter....
:blush:/>

Glad you know you're shameless :D/> Just kidding - sure, but I might not have time to dig it up by tomorrow. Anyways, we can talk tomorrow evening. Cheers!

#22 User is offline   superfinefeline 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

View Postwilson, on Mar 19 2008, 06:24 AM, said:

Hi Shireen,

The rest are also edible except that they do not bloom that often so we don't really see them in the market. Besides the white flowered torch ginger is considered as an exotic plant. It is perhaps the most shy bloomer amongst the three.

Torch gingers can be bought from World Farm and sometimes plants up to 1.5 m in height can be bought. They are all planted in big black polythene bags.

Trust me, it is really worth that money to buy a plant of that size rather than to wait for the rhizome pieces to sprout! It is painfully slow.

Wilson

Thanks for the tip. Will assess the amount of available space in my garden and see if I can squeeze a torch ginger in. I hope its not too aggressive as I have Red Palm, Papaya and various other plants in the limited ground space?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users