GCS Forum: Ensete Maurelli - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Ensete Maurelli Dark red

#1 User is offline   joetheghost 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:54 AM

I was surprised not to see Ensete Maurelli on my trip to Singapore,it is such a spectacular dark red and with the climate in Singapore it would look even more spectacular than usual.They grow vey well in uk though they need protection in winter.They are a constant source of admiration even from people who are not keen on plants.I have a number of them ,it seems I can't get enough.Not sure how to post a pic but I will try.
joe

#2 User is offline   wilson 

• Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Interests:Back to edibles...

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

Hi Joe,

Welcome to GCS! I am acutely aware that this species of Ensete is not being planted in Singapore, although I got a plantlet that I imported for myself some time back.

The only Ensete that you can see in Singapore at the Singapore Botanic Gardens and a couple being planted in our streetscape would be E. superbum. Grows into a gigantic size but awes me with its very elegant and spectacular form.

Wilson

#3 User is offline   Ueberwinden 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Adenium, horticulture, plants tissue culture, bananas, plumeria,bamboo

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:46 AM

Wilson,

I grow this variety of Ensente, I currently have 18 of them growing for sale this Spring. If you are ever in the U.S. please contact me.

Michael

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users