GCS Forum: Mushrooms in Soil - GCS Forum

Page 1 of 1

Mushrooms in Soil mushrooms sprouting non-stop

#1 User is offline   starmiSTARYU 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Reading, just started gardening in singapore.

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

I have wild mushrooms sprouting non-stop in a planter of mixed plants. I spent some time digging out each individual pots of plants and repotting them elsewhere. Some of them are doing OK now; but the episcias seem to have suffered the most damage. Neither the e.curatte, nor the e.topaz are recovering, and it's been more than 5 weeks since. :blink:/>

At the same time, mushrooms are still sprouting every day, if not every alternate day, in the planters that has only 'money plant / devil's ivy' growing in it.

Why are there mushrooms in the first place? :(/>
Would the mushrooms go away once the hot climate kicks in?

#2 User is offline   Shireen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:00 AM

I have mushrooms growing in my thyme and this also started in the wet season. So I'd also like to know about this as I think it is affecting my thyme quite badly - a good half has died and I'm worried for the rest.

It got me thinking also, however. Does anyone grow their own edible mushrooms? How can I try?

#3 User is offline   spheredome 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

View PostShireen, on Dec 21 2007, 01:00 AM, said:

It got me thinking also, however. Does anyone grow their own edible mushrooms? How can I try?

Edible own grown mushroom... I won't even think about it. :wacko:/> There are enough choices of farm mushroom sold in supermarket to indulge the tastebuds.

Right here, even the rats and mice are toxic. :blink:/>

#4 User is offline   tenifolia 

• PipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

Hi, many a time, weeds and mushroom sprout due to contamination of the potting soil or compost. Most of the time, buyers have to act with caution on the compost or potting mixes sold in nursery because there are some which do not go through processing or heat treatment. For all AVA approved potting media and soil, heat treatment is compulsory but many nursery by pass this procedure by getting from local 'compost' or 'soil' suppliers who doesnt have the facility to treat the media. U may consider treating your soil with a broad-spectrum weedkiller before potting in the plants..basically pour in the weedkiller and leave the soil for 28 days before planting.

#5 User is offline   IceProge21 

• Pip

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Hi all, I just want to ask if someone ever tried using shrooms or truffles for medical purposes? I was reading some articles about this magic truffles and shrooms before engaging my self for the first time. Like this one from:https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/what-are-shrooms/ .They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike marijuana does it have any medical use? In one article that I've read magic truffles or shrooms compaired to synthetic drugs are very alarming. Also magic mushroom are use on reducing the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this new possible alternative meds. Thanks

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users